Robert B. Shepherd
Rob grew up in the Wachusett area of Central Massachusetts. He received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst where he was also a member of the Minuteman Marching Band. Rob then attended Quinnipiac University in Hamden Connecticut for their dual JD-MBA program. While in law school, he served as a published editor for the Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal, one of the few journals of its kind in the country. He also assisted low income individuals in various tax audit matters as part of the Quinnipiac Tax Clinic, the oldest continually operating Low Income Taxpayer Clinic in the country.
After graduating from law school, Rob worked for two years McGladrey (now RSM) in Stamford, Connecticut. Working at a large public accounting firm in one of the wealthiest metropolitan regions in the country, Rob’s clients included an individual listed on Forbes’ list of 400 richest Americans. The following almost six years he worked at an accounting firm in Austin, rising to a tax manager role. This experience has provided him with a significant background in providing tax planning, consulting, and compliance services to high net-worth individuals and their various entities including in complex areas such as estate planning, oil and gas, non-profit organizations, and international taxation.
Rob joined Vacek, Kiecke & Colmenero, LLP in November of 2019.Areas of Practice:
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Taxation law and tax compliance
- Business Organizations
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude and Phi Delta Phi, 2010
- Quinnipiac University, Masters of Business Administration and Beta Gamma Sigma, 2010
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, 2007
- Texas, 2018
- U.S. Tax Court, 2012
- Massachusetts, 2011
- Connecticut, 2011
- Certified Public Accountant (Texas)
- What Roosevelt Thought: A Rough Rider’s Guide to the USTEA, 23 Quinnipiac Prob. L.J. 311 (2010).
- Texas Bar
- Tax Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Oil, Gas and Energy Law Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Estate Planning Council of Central Texas